- About Us
- Contact Us
DavidWise.com Insurance LLC respects the privacy of our clients and persons contacting our web site.
Personal information is any information that identifies you or your personal accounts. Personal information may include: (1) Name (2) A home or other physical address, including street name and town. (3) an e-mail address; (4) a telephone number (5) a social security number (6) any other identifier that permits the physical and online access to a specific individual (7) information concerning a user that the web service collects online from the user and maintains in personally identified combination with an identifier listed above. As a general principle, DavidWise.com Insurance LLC will not automatically collect personal information. We will ask for your name and e-mail address when you fill out an information request form. Any personal information stored on our computers is protected from unauthorized access by secure firewall. DavidWise.com Insurance LLC will not sell or disclose your personal information to any non-affiliated third parties. In addition, we hold our employees and business partners to standards when collecting, reviewing, or working with your personal information. Under certain circumstances it may be necessary to disclose user information to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons causing injury to or interfering with your rights, our rights, or the rights of other users of this site for our services. No such disclosure will be made, until however DavidWise.com Insurance LLC has made a good faith determination that such disclosure is required by law.
PRIVACY SAFEGUARDS: Per the FTC, DavidWise.com Insurance LLC knows where sensitive customer information is stored and has taken steps to store it securely. We have insured only authorized employees have access. For example-
We have ensured that storage areas are protected against destruction or damage from physical hazards.
We store records in a room that is locked when unattended.
We train employees on basic steps to maintain security, confidentiality, and integrity of customer information including;
Locking rooms where records are kept.
Use password- activated screen savers to lock employee computers after a period of inactivity.
Do not share or openly post employee passwords in work areas.
All workstations open to the public are turned off after working hours and data encrypted in event of theft of hardware.
Where customer information is stored on a server it is accessible only with a "strong" password and is kept in a physically secured area.
DavidWise.com Insurance LLC abides by all Federal and State laws and requires that all employees protect the privacy of customer information, restrict the sharing of customer information and institute safeguards to protect their security, confidentiality and integrity of customer information. We may share information with our agents and their employees in order to service business, our affiliated companies, companies that handle business and administrative duties on our behalf, consumer reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and regulatory agencies like state insurance departments.
CORPORATE INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SECURITY POLICY AND GUIDELINES:
- To protect our customers, we always request who is requesting information and whether or not they have the right to request the information.
- Employees of DavidWise.com Insurance LLC always request follow-up written requests from any insurance department, law enforcement agency or other government agency.
Never discuss any customer information outside of the office
Always treat all customer information as private
Customer information should only be shared or discussed with other employees who need to know the information in order to do their job.
Never process information customer information on your personally owned computer unless you have been granted permission from your supervisor.
Report any unauthorized disclosure or use of information or information systems to the Privacy Officer, David R. Wise
How We Comply:
We have a written information security plan that takes into account the sensitivity of the customer information we collect
We have designated a privacy officer to coordinate the information security program
We have identified and assessed the risks to customer information in each relevant area of the company's operation and have evaluated the effectiveness of the current safeguards.
We have designed and implemented a safeguard program and regularly monitor and test it.
We select service providers that can maintain appropriate safeguards.
COMPLAINT POLICY: A complaint is a written or documented verbal communication received by an insured which primarily expresses a grievance. Complaints can either be a letter received from a policyholder or a documented telephone call expressing a grievance. It can also be any grievance expressed in person to our staff. Complaints should be legibly stamped, then immediately faxed to the insurance company's home office Compliance Officer or Compliance Officer of Broker Dealer. Failure to report complaints to agents E&O carrier could result in refusal to pay in the event of a lawsuit. DavidWise.com Insurance LLC follows the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association principal of ethical market conduct with fair and expeditious customer complaint and dispute handling. All employees of DavidWise.com Insurance LLC comply with the FTC No Call Rules and have access to company(s) Do not call list.
HIRING PRACTICES : All employees references are checked and background check performed prior to hiring employees who will have access to customer information. All employees are asked to sign a DavidWise.com Insurance LLC confidentiality and security standards for handling customer complaints. All computers, PDA's, workstations or electronic media are encrypted in case of theft of that device. All internet traffic is monitored by Privacy Officer to ensure compliance with office usage policy.
BUSINESS CONDUCT: It is a violation of the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics to own or work for a competitor of the Agency. This code applies to all representatives of DavidWise.com Insurance LLC. This code reinforces our policy to conduct business ethically and lawfully and helps ensure public confidence in our integrity. As a representative of DavidWise.com Insurance LLC, I will:
Conduct myself in the highest character of honesty, integrity, and fairness at all times.
Provide information to clients in a professional manner which is honest, relevant, and designed to meet the client's needs.
Understand and accurately represent the Companies products and services I represent.
Render prompt and quality service both before and after the sale to clients and their beneficiaries.
FAIR CREDIT REPORTING POLICY: Our report ordering notification procedure requires each agent/broker must inform the consumer that reports will be ordered and they many not order without the permission of the applicant. Required Pre-Notification: Each applicant must be informed that consumer reports will be ordered as part of the application and quoting process and the applicant must give verbal approval for these reports to be ordered. This includes MVR, CLUE (auto and home) and Credit Reports to determine the Insurance Risk Score. No consumer report can be ordered without permission of the applicant. Post Notification: When an applicant has qualified based on the initial discussions and disclosures, then subsequently information from one of the consumer reports has an impact on either the rating or eligibility of the application, the American National Post notification form SM-1088 for home and ROP, SA-1088 for auto and watercraft must be provided to the applicant by the agent. This form is provided for issued business, however it is imperative agency provide it to those applicants where applications are not submitted. If customer needs specific information they should contact ChoicePoint. If your client wants to know their credit score, that is available at www.annualcreditreport.com You must display the AM-199 Pre-Notification Poster in public view in your office. The poster provides notification that reports will be ordered in the process of the application. You can give your clients the Brochure "What's Credit Got to Do with It" if any client asks questions regarding financial responsibility.
CIVAL LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENT NONCOMPLIANCE WITH FCRA [ 15 U.S.C. 16810] (a)In general. Any person who is negligent in failing to comply with any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any requirement imposed under this title with respect to any consumer in an amount equal to the sum of (1)any actual damages sustained by the consumer as a result of the failure; and (2)in the case of any successful action to enforce any liability under this section, the costs of the action together with reasonable attorney fees as determined by the court. (b) Attorney Fees. On a finding by the court that an unsuccessful pleading, motion or other paper filed in connection with an Action under this section was filed in bad faith or for purposes of harassment, the court shall award to the prevailing party Attorney fees reasonable in relation to the work expended in responding to the pleading, motion or other paper.
- OBTAINING INFORMATION UNDER FALSE PRETENSES [15 U. S. C. 1681q] Any person who knowingly and willfully obtains information on a consumer from a consumer reporting agency under false pretenses shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, imprisoned for not more than 2 years or both.
- COMPANY POLICIES:
- Learn all company/agency policies and procedures related to your role in the company/agency.
- Keep informed with respect to applicable laws and regulations and observance of them in the practice of my profession
- Not replace a life or health policy or financial product of a client unless it is in their interest
- Foster good will, courtesy and consideration in the treatment of policy owners and the general public, while maintaining respect for the company.
- Meet all continuing education requirements for all lines of business you are licensed to sell
- Endorse and support the Insurance Marketplace Standards Association's Principles of Ethical Market Conduct
- All employees/representatives are responsible for assuring that the workplace is free of sexual harassment.
- Take steps to protect your workstation, or portable electronic device from computer virus infection with appropriate Anti-Virus Software
- Take steps to protect your workstation, or portable electronic device from Spyware with appropriate Anti-Spyware software.
- All sensitive information in written format is shredded or stored in secure area.
- All documents are saved under applicable state, federal and securities statutes for time period necessary.
- All sensitive data transmitted electronically we use encryption software upon transfer
- No employees have been given remote access to agency records or information
- All company files remain on-site in protected area
- All customer files are locked at end of day in protected area.
- All new employees are asked to sign that they received training in Company's privacy and HIPAA policy.
- DISASTER RECOVERY:
- DavidWise.com Insurance LLC has vital information backed up on tape and stored at a remote location
- DavidWise.com Insurance LLC workstations are automatically backed up to server which has tape backup.
- Computer equipment is raised off of the floor in the event of flooding.